Tuesday, January 30, 2007

City Revenues May Slow Down the Next 6 Mos

As I see more and more foreclosures everyday in the newspaper, it really worries me that the property tax collections will be below forecasted over the next six months. Couple that with lower forecasted revenues from tax titles properties and car excise tax, the City of Worcester should be careful with any additional debt.

By the way business has been very slow so far in 2007, which also may lead to lower collections. I do not know why this surprised me, but I just heard Eddy's restaurant on West Boylston St closed on Saturday. My point being that I do not think voting for items like a SkyBridge, which does have a degree of risk, should be approved at this time.

1 Comments:

At 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A few of these proposed traffic flow video cameras should be aimed at the citys cash flow so taxpayers can monitor it. The heck with Lincoln Sq traffic scowflaws, let's watch our tax dollars being squandered.

I dont think this ill conceived revenue raising idea will make it and it gives new meaning to the term neighborhood services.

Others thoughts please.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home