Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Airport

I have another blog that I maintain all about the airport. Do not ask me I have gotten into this, but I do find the airport/airline business fascinating:

http://www.worcesterma.blogspot.com

I am convinced after watching activities up there for two years that we need to put the airport up for sale. I know at first that sounds crazy, but it is a huge parcel of land with great facilities. The problem is that the people running it can never turn it into the asset that it should, instead it is basically a laibility to the City of Worcester.

I only bring this up, since although Lynne will obviously concentrate on District 4 issues, there are other issues outside the District 4. Finding a buyer for the airport would alleviate us of the annual drain caused by keeping the airport open, input a one time capital contribution, create property tax revenues and hopefully a successful airport will create even more economic spin-off that we simply do not realize right now.

Bottom line, I say we can consider the selling of the airport as an issue. That it from me tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home